Friday, June 19, 2009

Feeling more blues

Somehow as the days get closer to Baby Nicole's arrival, my apprehension about having my confinement at my in-laws house grows stronger and stronger. The thought of coping in a new environment (I have never lived there before); having to get used to the place, the bed, in laws, bro-in-law, the cat (& his horrible massive free-flying fur) ON TOP of coping with new baby, new lifestyle, feeding, caring for baby and recuperating .... is overwhelming me until I feel so suffocated....

I somehow feel some regret for agreeing to 'serve' my confinement away from my own comfort zone. I thought by having confinement at my in-laws place; I can allow them a chance to bond with Baby Nicole too.. and be part of this whole new experience. However; maybe due to my super-sensitive hormones now, I somehow feel very fragile and unloved at the slightest lack of care they seem to expound (even if they actually don't even happen), but such is how I feel now.

There is so much mixed feelings in me now.... On one hand; I am so so looking forward to being a mummy and holding my dear baby finally.. but on the other hand, I am not looking forward to my confinement AT ALL ....my biggest fear is also knowing that I will be wishing every minute I can in my own home whilst being held 'captive' there till end of July..... SIGH!