Saturday, June 6, 2009

Doctor's Check Up


Today could probably be my last few check ups at Dr Loh's office. The wait today was fairly short, since we also spent about an hour having brunch at McDonald's while waiting for our turn.

Dr Loh appeared pretty chirpy this morning, and I was actually in quite a good mood even though I had quite an unpleasant night yesterday. Baby Nicole's weight went up over the last 3 weeks. She was weighing 1.8kg at the last check up on 16 May and today her weight has gone up to 2.3kg. Dr Loh says her growth rate is good and everything is fine. I haven't been gaining much weight lately even though I have been eating quite alot (and this is good... which means I haven't been putting on too much excessive weight so far!).

The other good news is my placenta has gone up slightly again, and Dr Loh says if by next check up it continues to move up, I just might be able to go for natural birth instead....! Hmmmmmmm............. I dunno if this is actually good news or not ley, since I have been really counting down and looking forward to Nicole's arrival on the 26th June. Oh well... let's see how the scan goes at my next check up on the 20th June.

Tzek kinda pissed Dr Loh alittle today with his question about meconium and whether the recent output I had which was dark and sticky was meconium (Meconium is known as baby's 1st poo poo) and got Dr Loh alittle irritable with this stupid question. I haven't seen him frown before during our check up sessions and both of us were alittle sheepish and embarrassed to have gotten him into a irritable mood.

We also went to check out costs at admissions today and were told to decide on the class and pay deposits by our next visits. Estimate cash upfront would be about $3.6K and medisave deduct another $3.9k... wow.... cost went up! Ahhh good if we can strike some 4D now! Then FREE DELIVERY! (hahahahahha!)

After the doctor's visit, I stayed over at my parents' place while Tzek moved the chest of drawers and all our stuff (packed in its drawers) over to my in laws' place. Looks like we are really quite geared up for our stay there over the next one month too! I spent the whole afternoon lazing at my parents' house and took a much needed nap. I woke up perspiring profusely (ewww!) Hate the weather! Hate the hot flushes!

Today has been a pretty productive day. At least we got things done. And I am feeling alot happier today than compared to yesterday. It has been a pretty long 36 hours but somehow I think I got out of it well and psychologically more at peace now.

All I am thinking of now is the next chapter of my life - which is arrival of Nicole and our new duties as parents to her and of cos, to continue to treasure my wonderful family and good friends.

Baby Nicole @ 35 weeks :

* Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
* Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help her regulate her body temperature. They also provide those cute little dimples on elbows and knees!
* Baby should acts completely like a newborn at this stage alrady, with her eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping. You may also find her settling into more of a routine for sleeping & awake times.
* She has learned to blink. She can also see more clearly when there is a bright light on your stomach and probably has the outline of all my organs memorized!
* Her hearing is fully developed, no wonder she responds to everything we say now ... including calling out her name!
* Baby Nicole should be about 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm) now.