It's getting pretty darn exciting~!
11 days more to go and I am going to be a brand new mummy! Perhaps due to this excitement, and also the fact that I am getting clumsier and clumsier by the minute, it hasn't been very enjoyable sleeping at night anymore.
Last night I slept at 2a.m … the thought of sleeping kinda gives me mixed feelings these days. On one hand, I am feeling exhausted and can’t wait to rest my tired body… on the other hand; lying down doesn’t prove to be comfortable and I would wake up each time I try to turn my body or get up to pee.
Hai…. in the end I just wake up slightly rested for the day and by mid day I would feel exhausted all over again. This morning I got up at about 8.20a.m and got really excited cos a good old friend is visiting me. I was pleasantly surprised to find Hubby cleaning the floor… he knows my cleanaholic friend has high standards in home care being a SAHM (Stay-at-home-Mum) so he was so nice to get the floors cleaned with Dettol so we make a good impression :)
Breakfast with Hubs is always great since we interact the most at the table and then my friend came and spent a lovely time chatting with me till 1p.m.
After she left, I enjoyed the sumptuous laksa that Hubby bought then went about checking my hospital bag to make sure that everything is packed. With the last important documents packed, I guess now, I am really all set to go!
I spent the rest of my day on facebook and blogging which is currently the best past time I have now, also indulging in potato chips and ice cream soda... (er..... its the craving!!!) Baby Nicole is definitely not complaining! She has been pretty active all day today – tumbling inside me. I guess she is enjoying all the good stuff I ate today! I wonder how heavy is she now. I think she should be about 2.8kg at least and I am definitely sure she has strong limbs from the way she is kicking me!
Baby Nicole @ 36 weeks:
# Baby Nicole is almost ready and most likely! The only organ still to mature is the lungs. While certainly we are both growing anxious to meet, I will have to remember that each day (up to 42 weeks), that my little one stays within your womb will multiply her chances to breathe on her own.
# Baby should have drop into the birth canal by now. While breathing for moms becomes easier, walking may be the exact opposite!
# Fat is dimpling baby's elbows and knees, and forming creases in the neck and wrists.
# Her re skin is growing smooth and, shall we say it, "baby" soft.
# Her gums are very rigid. It won't be many months before you'll see her teeth.
# She has a fully developed pair of kidneys and her liver has begun processing some waste products.