Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shop! Shop! Shop! And I won't drop!!!

Shopping for baby's stuff hasn't been easy for my back and feet since I am getting heavier and heavier day-by-day. Also, things these days are so darn expensive! A baby romper from Baby Kingdom can cost between $19.90 - $36.00! It is so ridiculous especially since babies outgrow their clothes so fast! I have been quite fastidious in hunting down good bargains for baby clothes. There is a baby shop in Amara shopping centre that sells Baby Gap and Carter's for $8 a piece. But size and designs are limited so I haven't been able to get really many of them in preparation of Baby's arrival.

Thanks to my friend Esther (Marvin's wife) who introduced me to www.singaporemotherhood.com's bulk purchase site last sat, I have found a whole new playground!!! And because they are so much cheaper and also alot more variety, I cant help but shop like a fanatic!!!

The prices online are 1/3 the cost of the same things outside in the dept stores and baby shops! Many people these days are turning to home businesses to earn extra $$$~ So clever! And I must admit, I am pretty tempted to do the same if one day I decide not to work full time anymore!

I spent last Sunday shopping in 3 main sites that I thoroughly love~!!
Sandy Poh's site - where you can find fascinating baby clothes at 1/3 the cost
http://bbclothes.multiply.com/photos

Daemum's site - where lovely baby shoes are so cheap you can buy 3 for the price of 1!
www.kidslobang.blogspot.com

Bebediva's site - where i found the cutest ever socks at only $5 per pair!
http://bebediva.multiply.com.

I spent a total of $132 for these items!



Then on Friday nite, my cousin who is the owner of Maxwell Distribution (also known as Kidzloft) came by to deliver our baby mattresses and diaper bag. She also brought along extra toys, socks, baby clothes, etc for us from her warehouse. WOW!!! Our baby is going to be so dressed up cos she has so many lovely things!

Baby @ 28 weeks :



* Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
* Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
* Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
* Baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
* Muscle tone is improving. She has been kicking quite hard and you can see my tummy making waves!
* Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
* I talk to baby often now, reading her stories, singing songs and telling her about things around me. She seem to be able to recognize my voice now as well as Tzek's and sometimes play with us when we put our hand on my tummy!
* Baby should weighs about 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).