I had the biggest scare ever yesterday.. woke up at 8a.m to pee... and found pinkish mucous discharge..! I was in shock and didn't know if I should push my panic button and wake Tzek up.
After 3 mins, I decided better tell him and he immediately flew out of bed and went to call the doctor. As I lay in bed listening to his frantic call for the doctor, alot of thoughts ran through my mind.... is baby ok? Why am I bleeding? What caused it? Did I eat anything wrong? My mind whirled in circles and I was in a state of shock and calm at the same time....
Then I heard Tzek saying .."OK... we will come to delivery suite now.." OMIGOSH! It can't be right? My baby shouldn't be coming now?!?!?! It's only 29 weeks and 4 days old! I don't want to have a premature delivery!!!
Tzek told me to hurry and get ready. I started praying inside my heart. I hope not... really I feel fine... but is Baby fine?
We reached KKH Delivery suite at close to 9.30a.m... and I was escorted to the rest area and instructed to lie down. The nurse strapped me up with a Dopler and a Contraction tracking device - 1) to check and monitor Baby's heartbeat 2) to check if I have contractions.
Surprising a couple of minutes later, Dr Loh showed up in his navy blue polo shirt. He seemed more relaxed and that kinda helped eased my nerves alittle bit. He assured me everything is ok and Baby's heartbeat is good and I have no contractions.
However he wants me to take a whole week of bed rest to make sure everything is ok. Oh no....! not just when I received my letter of confirmation>!>! This sure is bad timing, but then again, nothing means more to me than Baby's well-being... so I decided to sms my boss and colleagues immediately so they believe this is genuine.
Leon - my boss seemed to be ok from his reply - told me to "Take Care and Be Strong". Whew... hope this is just a 'dry run' for how it's like when labour happens. All the instant get out of bed, dress, drink your milo and take some biscuits and then whisk off to the hospital to deliver your baby bit... I kinda now appreciate that I am going for a C-section op instead of a Natural birth. Cos I cannot take this kind of last minute - "OH LETS GO" thingy.
After an hour in the room monitoring Baby and my contraction status, I was asked to go home. Dr Loh gave me 4 days hospitalisation leave to go home for complete bed rest.
I am not sure how this feels really.. lots of worry and scare still running thru my veins now... just have to keep myself positive and strong.
Baby is still very active throughout the whole saga, and after checking thru the internet on the condition I just went through, I really hope everything will turn out fine.
Links on bedrest:
http://www.pregnancyetc.com/what-is-bed-rest.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/PR00107
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/bedrest.html
Tzek says it could probably be the entire guava and mango I ate on Sat night.. but I am not sure ley.
Now I am just at home lying in bed all day and feeling really bored... hai....