Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Preggie @ 26 weeks... going on 27 (92 days to go...)


Oh the last two weeks has been exhausting. I literally had NO ENERGY for ANYTHING! Was suffering from water retention of my legs and hands and my lower back was hurting like hell.

Last Friday I finally gave up and called the prenatal massage lady over to massage my back. It was really good... I paid only $40 for a 1.5 hour home massage and she literally helped me straighten my aching and crooked back bone. You see, when I was 5 weeks pregnant, I fell down at Singapore Post Centre. The fall had me landed on my right hip causing my hip muscles to strain up and also got very bad sprain on my lower back. As I was only in my 1st trimester then, I didn't want to risk a miscarriage by going for massage, so I have been living with this pain for the last 21 weeks!!!! That is over 4 months of pain!!! Baby is getting really heavier now and this did not help my pain ... in fact it aggrevated it so much I can hardly concentrate on anything. All I want to do is lie down.

Working in the office has been a struggle.. cos whilst I was busy, the strain is starting to take a toil on my energy and mobility. Hey one good thing came out of this struggle... GRATIFICATION and SATISFACTION... cos last week I did a record breaking sales closure! I signed 3 contracts in the same week! First was Tourism Australia on Monday morning, followed by agency Impact Asia on Wed, and finally one on Friday morning - Upstream Asia. All in all my only concern is to be able to get my confirmation which is due for review tomorrow.

Oh, I was also told last week by two different persons that if there is a craving... you GOTTA SATISFY IT before baby is born. Because if you don't, your baby will end up drooling excessively. Oh no...........!!! I really gotta have my Dominoes Pizza~ I have been craving for it since my 14th week of pregnancy and unfortunately my in laws didn't think it make sense to tabao it back cos it is so troublesome and wont be hot and fresh. Aiyo... who cares when there is a craving?!?!?!?!?

HOWEVER.................. last Sunday after coming home from my parents place, I was half dozing off on the sofa when my someone knocked frantically at my door. In my half asleep state, I opened the door and to my surprise, I saw my parents, brother and niece greeting me outside! Confused and still trying to snap out of my half dazed state, I opened the door and my bro thrusted a big package into my arms. When I peered into it, I found 3 boxes wrapped up tightly in cellophane wrapper..... it was my long yearned and awaited DOMINOES PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~!!!! I quickly ripped off the wrapper and sank my teeth in the first slice. It was indescribably satisfying and gratifying!!! Ohhhhh I so love my brother for making arrangements to get his colleague to hand carry back the pizzas just for me! I quickly made a card for his colleague Adeline to thank her for her big effort and packed a nice pink teddy into a bag with the card for him to pass on to her.

Oh what a good end to two weeks of grouchy, tired irritable lethargy and fatigue!!!

My Baby this week @ 26 weeks 6 days:

* Baby may weigh about two pounds now (average is 1.7 pound, 760gm) and is 14 inches (35.6cm) in length
* To support the fetus's growing body, the spine is getting stronger and more supple. Though no longer than the span of the average adult hand, it is now made up of 150 joints, 33 rings, and some 1,000 ligaments.
* Air sacs in the lungs form now.
* Lungs begin to secrete a greasy substance called surfactant. Without surfactant the fetal lungs would stick together and couldn't expand after the baby is born.
* Although they've been sealed shut for the last few months, baby's eyes are opening and beginning to blink this week. Depending on ethnicity, some babies will be born with blue or gray-blue eyes (which may change color in the first 6 months of life) and some will be born with brown or dark eyes.
* Retinas begin to form.
* Brain wave activity for hearing and sight begins to be detectable.
* Fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working.

My weight now...?
A WHOOPING 80.3kg!!!! (put on 12 kg so far from pre-pregnancy days) and waist 115cm!

Tune in for my latest picture... soon!