Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Baby Bump @ 29 weeks


Today we had our visit at Dr Loh's Clinic D at Basement 1. Our appointment is scheduled at 10.35a.m, so we registered ourselves and then headed happily for breakfast @ McDonald's since we knew it will probably be a long wait. After breakfast, we went to the shops there to check out some baby stuff.

When we went back to the clinic, it was our turn!!! WOW! Shiok man! Today no need to wait so long! I had like 9 questions to ask Dr Loh. First most important question is position of baby and whether I am going to give birth near estimated date of delivery which is 9 July. Also cos my placenta is pretty low, Dr Loh had preempted me that I might have to have C section when I saw him a month back.

Today, during the scan, I saw our baby's face! Aw.... it was an amazing feeling, cos now i can actually imagine how she look everytime she moves inside me! Dr Loh also measure Baby's head and had a look at her spine - and all looked fine. Whew!!!

My visits to Dr Loh has officially 'upgraded' to once every 3 weeks now since I am about 11 weeks away from delivery. Then the other news came from him... I think very likely you will be C section. Let's fix the date now .. so 29 June ok?

WHAT?!?!?!? Oh wow..! This is a surprise! Alot of thoughts race through my mind.. C-section?! so this is it! It will be C-section! Forget natural birth! Forget wondering when it will arrive! I realised 29 July is a Monday.. Monday? Not very good if family wants to visit... so i asked Dr Loh if we can schedule it for 26 June instead. He says "sure~! let me schedule it for 10a.m, 26 June...".

Wow! I am excited! Now there is actually a deadline! You know what? Call me psychic, but the number 26 & 28 kept flashing in my mind lately.... could it have meant Baby's birthday???? So... it's finally fixed! 26 JUNE 2009 - 10A.M

Her is a picture of the wonderful scan of Baby's face today. Check her out now!

.... and confirm for the 3rd time, Baby is a GIRL!

Dr Loh also confirmed her spine is healthy and straight!

Based on her head measurements today, Dr Loh estimate her weight at 1.5kg. A good average size baby. And her head is facing downwards right at the bottom of my tummy!


Baby's current developments at 29 weeks / 3 days :


* Baby's head is in proportion with body now. She appears more like a newborn each and every day!
* Fat continues to accumulate under the skin -- only now preparing for entering the *real world*.
* Baby's brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures.
* Her eyes can move in their sockets now. Soon she will be able to follow a blinking light.
* Baby is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Various studies show that your baby may indicate preferences (or disdain) for particular tastes or odors at this stage
* She is also moving from side to side, but probably still is head up. In the next few weeks, she will move to the head down birthing position. (But I think she is already moving to birthing position!!!) At times I actually feel as if she is performing somersaults for a circus act!
* Her length is now approximately 15.2 inches (38.6cm) and weight is 2.54 pounds (1153gm) - that is based on the books...her weight is 1500gm tho!