We were the first to arrive in class @ 6.30p.m. It was great being early cos we were able to pick our preferred spot in the room. We were also given a free Mamil goodie bag that comes with milk and free teether for Baby.
The class was a decent size of about 23 couples. It was already pretty crowded but the mood in class relaxed as Mrs Wong delivered her lesson.
We started our lesson with a video of mums breastfeeding twins. I was alittle uncomfortable initially watching the video cos the mums just bare their breasts and feed their babies non discreetly... but after a while I started to feel that all these are probably natural and part of being a mother.
Mrs Wong covered the following topics tonight:
She taught us how to do stretching exercises (which I abstain cos I have low lying placenta, breathing exercies, massage (for hubbies) and general ways to hold your posture, sleep and get up.
We were taught how to interact with the baby through TOUCH, TALK and MUSIC. We are told that Baby may not always like us to touch her - she has her moods, so if the tummy feels HARD right in the centre, means she is telling you - "LEAVE ME ALONE TODAY!" .... interesting!!!
The fun bit of tonight's class is that our hubbies get a chance to put on a pregnant suit to experience how it is like to be pregnant. Tzek says it definitely put a big strain on the back immediately. The suit he has on is a 20 week pregnant suit. I told him he should try being 30 weeks pregnant (which is me now)... definitely alot alot heavier than this!

It was definitely a useful session and I found out so many interesting facts that I would so love to share in my blog.
I was also the only person that literally took notes tonight. WOW! It wasn't easy but I managed to scribble notes and some drawings down.. esp now with my bad memory due to the pregnancy!
Overall, Mrs Wong's session was lively, jovial and very insightful. I took away alot of new information that I did not read from the prenatal books.
Mrs Wong was really nice, cos after class, I rushed to go to the toilet and ended up being the last to leave. She was very nice to answer my question about why there is bleeding if you have low lying placenta and whether it is dangerous or not. She says pinkish discharge means fresh blood, brown means 'old blood' and as long as there is no RED blood discharge, should be ok but must rest and not over strain myself. Reason for bleeding could be due to Baby movement too hard, or I overstrained too much.
Oh and we also took away a free 4-pc pack of Newborn Pampers. NICE!
Dinner was a really late one at almost 10pm cos our lesson over-ran by 1/2 hour till 9.30p.m. Had Bak Cho Mee Pok which wasn't the best but heck hungry anything also can eat man! Thereafter, had a Mcflurry! Good way to end a nice productive evening!
Can't wait to attend next week's class!