I have done intense research (as always) on what is necessary to buy, best price deal, reviews and which product / brand is best and what are the more important things that we need to spend for a baby.
My conclusion?
Not clothes - cos they outgrow it so fast
Not shoes - cos they outgrow it so fast as well
Not hats - cos I heard wearing too much caps/hats will cause baby's hair to grow slower
I deduced that these are things that are must buy & must make sure good quality:
1) Baby Cot + Mattress
2) Stroller
3) Car Seat
1) Baby Cot + Mattress - Baby will spend up to 70% of their lives on the crib mattress and, even toddlers will spend up to 50% of their time on the crib mattress because the crib, with the mattress, serves double duty as a playpen until baby falls asleep or until baby wakes up mom or dad in the morning, at night and, at nap times. Also, consider that the baby is on this mattress during the time of their life when their bones are softest and growing faster than at any other time of their life. They need extra support for their growing bodies more now than they ever will later.
Thus it is very important to spend on a sturdy cot and a good breatheable mattress for your baby. We were lucky - cos I managed to find a mothercare cot bed for 1/2 price!) and the natural latex mattress at 1/2 price too from my cousin Su Leng.
2) Stroller - I feel that babies are conditioned from young. I read alot on forums and ebays that mummies are selling away their strollers because their baby refuse to sit in it. I think it is a necessity for us definitely cos my bad back doesnt allow me to carry baby alot. Also, with cheaper strollers that come with plastic wheels, they are not sturdy and flimsy and when going over kerbs, shake up the baby which is not very good since their brains are still developing.
We invested in a Peg Prego Classic P3 stroller for $639. It was a good bargain since the frame and wheels are sturdy. It's like a little 'car' for our baby and er-hem.... being alittle bit more gadgety myself, I thought it was a lot cooler looking than the McClaren or Quinnys.
3) Car Seat - Needless to say, is definitely an important to have especially since we will need to ferry Baby to and fro our parents' house. We were lucky to be given 2 hand me down car seats that were almost brand new.

a> Jesslyn's Safety First Red and Blue car seat would be great for newborn Baby and last her till at least 9 months - 1 year.
Bro's Safety First checked car seat would come in timely for Baby when she gets bigger and more active!
Well, looking through our stuff, I think we are more or less geared up for Baby's arrival. I am not sure what relatives and friends will give for baby shower, but being the old practical me, I think vouchers and ang pows are best ... cos we can put them all in our Baby's account and enjoy the Baby Bonus from the Government!