Today was another ordinary work day. Went Ikea with my colleague Jena to help her pick bookshelves for the office. On the way back, there was a black car turning out of tras street. Whilst the cab I was traveling did not even slow down, the other car continued to inch out of tras street. I had that feeling this is going to be a bad crash... and a big impactful one cos we were travelling quite fast towards the car that was filtering out.
I let out a scream cos I knew it was near crashing. The taxi driver jammed his brake and was just in time to avoid ramming into the black car. I lurched forward and thanks to the safety belt I miraculously put on today (normally I don't put on seat belts inside cabs), I was spared the possibility of being thrown towards the windscreen.
As I jerked forward, my first instinct was baby's safety and immediately prayed hard that he / she is okay. I was clearly shaken and the taxi driver was still indignant with the driver of the black car saying he didnt stop cos the black car suppose to stop instead of trying to filter out without giving us the right of way.
I was so upset, I told him, I JUST HOPE MY BABY IS OK! He immediately realised that I was pregnant and started to slow down the car and apologised for his recklessness.
As I got back to the office, I needed to sit down and unnerve for almost an hour before my heartbeat became more normal. I spent the whole afternoon working on tenders for PA and going through the tenders Rachel and Sarah did for MPA and NEA.
I was really exhausted by the time 6p.m came. I couldn't wait to get home and take a warm shower before heading to my in laws place for our weekly dinner.
Today has been eventful... as I settled down to rest finally at 11+, I was relieved baby was still moving quite actively in my tummy. WHEW........
It's 8 days to baby's gender revelation!