This round we did a scan of the baby's blood vessels and also got a chance to hear its heartbeat for the first time!
.bmp)
It was a magical moment, but I was still worried and holding my breath.
The results finally came delivered by Dr Kenneth Quek (who by the way is quite a handsome gynae!) heee.... he was very nice and gentle and explained what tests we were put through so far and why. With the 1st results from ultrasound scan showing baby had a 1:419 risk of Down's, the blood test gave it a slightly lower risk at 1:600.
Today's test results was 1:1661 babies~! Which means Baby has been moved to the low risk group.... WHEW!!!! We were both so relieved and happy to hear that news.
The next big news is Baby is at 8cm long! It is now at 13weeks 1day according to Dr Quek. I was so elated, I couldn't really work for the rest of the day.. I kept thanking Gohonzon for the blessings and for answering our prayers.
I broke the news to family and Mummy was overjoyed as well to hear that all is fine.
I finally start to feel pregnant... that this is now a reality. It is a magical time, and with the morning sickness quite gone, I am definitely starting to enjoy the pregnancy process.
My waist measures at 104cm now and am 71.3kg. Good thing is; the fat around my arms are disappearing, which makes me look alot slimmer than pre-pregnancy me.