The scan for baby Downs Syndrome was really an uneasy one for me. I was very worried the scan results would turn out bad, and I really am not up to it for anymore upsetting news...
The scan turned out to be nerve wreaking... Baby looked wonderful, and very active.. which was really good, but I was nervous all the time cos I was very worried about the final results. Managed to capture a video of Baby but got told off by the ultrasound scanner that I was not allowed to do that actually...
Anyway, the results from the nurse was that Baby is at a risk of 1:60 of Down syndrome... my heart sank. The doctor said the final results is still reliant on the blood test which I am suppose to get. Results only available 3 working days later. Sighhhh...... HOW AM I GOING TO ENJOY THE XMAS HOLIDAY???!?!??!?! To take my mind off, and to stay positive, we took my niece with us to babysit.
It did help keep my mind busy and my mind off the results i heard today. She kept us really busy entertaining her until my bro came for her at 10p.m ... by then, I was absolutely exhausted.
The next two days were just filled with work and getting tenders sent out by Xmas eve. Work stopped at 3p.m on the eve and in the evening it was off to AH Yee's house for her dinner party. I was so tired, I spent the whole night sitting on the sofa with watery eyes and kept still to conserve energy... man... I am at Week 12 and now altho the MS is diminishing, the fatigue is setting in.
25 Dec (Thurs):
Xmas day was nice. Had Sharon and Robin and Bro over for tea and we all snacked on Old Chang Kee, Delifrance and a special cake made by Robin and Grace. My niece also came, dressed in Red with matching red socks... oh so cute!
27 Dec (Sat) :
Finally collected my car and it was back like new. Had to change the battery tho and wipers and that costed me $158.
29 Dec (Monday):
Today I received news about the blood test. I was slightly relieved... cos the nurse says Baby is at low risk for Downs syndrome 1:419. But to play safe, I have to go for another scan this Friday.
I am going to continue staying positive, cos Jesslyn told me about her miracle experience with Baby Ethan who is born fine even tho he was initially tested as high risk for DS.
I am now at Week 13 of my pregnancy... Waist measures 103cm at the navel now.
This is a picture of Baby at Week 12 (22 Dec 2008)
Baby at 12 weeks:
# Vocal cords are formed
# Those precious eyes begin to move closer together
# Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head
# Intestines move farther in to child's body
# His or her liver begins to function - Responsible for cleansing the blood, storing nutrients, and providing needed chemicals
# The pancreas begins to produce insulin
# Baby's length: 2.13 inches (5.4cm) and weight: 0.49 ounce (14gm)