Saturday, January 31, 2009

Baby Updates


Today is already 17th Week Day 3 of Baby Mok. In exactly 12 days time, we will know if Baby Mok is a BOY or GIRL... so exciting! I have been eagerly counting down the days to the day Baby Mok is born... estimated date of delivery is 9th of July but some say 1st child can be earlier than EDD. Well, if by just taking it as 9 Jul, I have 159 days to go!

My company wants me to take leave 4 weeks before I am due, so that means that by 8th June I have to be on maternity leave. hmmmm.... I guess it is also good, so I don't pop during work~! at least I have some time to spend at home relishing our last days of 'honeymoon' time together before Baby Mok joins in the family for the rest of its life. I am definitely looking forward and everyday I have started talking to Baby.
My favourite song is "somewhere over the rainbow" and I will croon to it on my way to work or before bedtime. Hee heee... kinda feel silly sometimes but what the heck... it is a great experience. I am getting used to the bump in front of me. But sometimes I start to imagine things and feel that tummy is not growing or getting smaller. I guess I am just being paranoid.

I was looking back at my wedding videos and mtv and reminiscing those days with the gang where we all had so much fun together. I miss those days, where everyone got together. Now, some already has kids, and the single ones have moved on to new friends. I guess the saying is true... everyone eventually will lose touch as they have their own lives to lead. SIGH...! What a shame right? Thank goodness there is videos to remind us of the good old days and to keep the memories alive...

There are some individuals that I hope we will stay as good friends for life. Evan and Chuu Ming, both whom have settled down in HK. Germaine and Simon, Jaslyn, Hwei Min, Jann (as formerly known to me - now called Chantel), Jerrica, Jesslyn and of cos, Linda, my old buddy.

As I move along to the next phase of my life into motherhood soon, I hope all these friends will continue to be part of my life, and to live memories with me till all our kids grow up.