Sunday, August 3, 2008

Singapore Garden Festival 2008

Sometime last week, I went to the Singapore Garden Festival with my family. We brought along my niece cos my brother and his wife were both out of town.


It was an enjoyable outing, and both me and my husband kinda had a good time experiencing how it is like to bring a child out for the whole day. My niece is at the age where she is full of curiousity and questions. THe "whys" and "how come" kept popping out from her like bullets during war. Man.... it's definitely tiring~! cos we had to constantly try to answer to her questions as quick as possible.


My niece is also very attached to me. She would constantly be calling out to me "gu-gu (aunty)!!! Seeee!!!!!!!" "come here!!!" "look!!!" "take picture"!!!! the list goes on...It was definitely an opportunity to role-play as a parent to a ever inquisitive yet quick learning 4 year old. We took lots of pictures, and she was definitely enjoying all the flowers and photo-taking sessions.


The butterflies were probably her favourite, cos we took so many of her with them. (she kept pestering us to take photo after photo of the same thing).
The flower exhibits there were really beautiful. I particularly like the underwater one because it was very well constructed and simulated that you can almost imagine you are really underwater!



The show was really huge. There were 2 floors of flower exhibits. We only managed to cover one floor. The lower floors featured orchids which were my favourites. I was alittle disappointed to have missed that. Anyway, all in all, it was stilll a great outing. There were loads of pictures taken and many were really nice! I definitely want to visit this again next year. Hopefully next time round I get to bring my own kids with my niece too.