My buddies CM and Evan booked a room at Ritz Carlton to celebrate his birthday and we had a million dollar vie
w of the entire NDP plus the Aerial displays and Fireworks!
With 150 sticks of Otah and 100 fish balls, we were all geared up in front of the window to witness this grand final rehearsal.
The Aerial displays were fantastic and breath-taking!
My friend CP was craving for Teh Si, so he went to buy drinks from the foodcourt downstairs and missed part of the show.
I was so happy that my camera captured the shots quite well!
It was the first time I saw the Singapore Flag fly past so close up!
It was so huge, heard the size of the flag is approximately the same size as a basketball court!
Wow-wee! Check out the picture on the right! And the planes were flying so close to each other, you can't imagine how dangerous it actually is until you see it close up!
My favourite is the one where the 6 planes flew around at close range and the one that made a heart shape in the sky.
The show was fairly spectacular, tho' I personally felt that the backdrop was stealing more limelight than the displays by the participants. Being in NDP myself, both as a participant as well as a trainer for more than 6 years definitely brought back fond memories to me watching the participants jump and dance at the rehearsals.
The fireworks display was beautiful, but I suspect that it is not the full show that night. However, I managed to capture quite nice shots using the fireworks mode of my camera.
After the fireworks, we celebrated our friend CM's birthday. He is 36 this year. He is a close friend of both my hubby and myself. His wife Evan is also my best of friend. I wonder how it will be once they move permanently to Hong Kong. With a brand new baby (now 3 months old), I am pretty worried for Evan cos she is all alone in HK without friends. Hope the skype phone I bought will keep us linked till the day they move back to Singapore.
We had a great time there, and had a wonderful nice Mango Birthday cake that my hubby and I got from our favourite cakeshop in Siglap. Too bad we didn't take a group shot with the entire gang there.
CP, Cindy, Frank, Germaine, Simon, Evan, Chuu-Ming, whatever it is, the memory that night will be deeply engraved in my mind.
More pictures can be found in my facebook album : http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=669615867
