Today's lesson is very interesting. We learnt all about baby care and each couple was assigned to a baby doll.
We were late for class cos I took a nap in the afternoon and dear Tzek.. instead of waking me up, decided to join me for my nap. Both of us jumped out of sleep at 6.20p.m petrified that we are going to be late for class... and haiz.... no time for dinner again!
When we reached class, it was almost full. I had a choice of second last row or the seat at the last row.... Unfortunately, I was too 'pang-tang' cos there was a baby doll I was going to take in the second last row, but her face got ink mark and I pang tang wait Baby Nicole come out with birth mark on her face... so I chose the other doll that was sitting in the last row. She was just an ordinary doll with very bad hair day and all parts of her body were as simple as any doll we prob get when we buy from the pasar malam. Check out the pictures I posted above and you will know what I mean... sighh.... kinda regretted being pang tang cos the baby doll we had didnt do much justice for our practice session.... in the end, we stayed back to practice on the more lifelike doll just to get a 'feel' of it.
You won't believe this! The boy baby dolls had real pee-pee on them! Heh, but didn't want the teacher to think I am pervert and take a picture of it to post it on my blog! But well.... it was as real as it looked...! hahahhahaha....!
Class tonight was definitely very useful. We learnt about techniques to hold the baby, burp her, rock her to sleep and swaddling...there was also a section on baby massage which is suppose to help baby avoid colic and sleep better.
We bought two books from Mrs Wong - (1) Breastfeeding (2) Childcare - each at $12.50 plus two towels, two packs of bathing cloths and two swaddle blankets in class. Total we spent about $62.00 for the shopping... talk about strategic selling! We saw many couples lug more stuff than us... you would think they are free if you watch the way the parents-to-be were snatching up the stuff!
Overall, I had an enjoyable time except for the sniffles, blocked ears and itchy cough I was enduring through class. Sigh... this cold and cough spat is driving me nuts!
Mummy was really sweet.... she boiled pears for me to take to cure my cough. Had to go pick up from her with my mask on in case my germs spread to them... I must say, they were effective after I took. I immediately stopped coughing! But next day it came back again. Haiz! It's already 4 days of coughing. Baby Nicole is getting grouchy from the tummy constrictions each time I cough.