Friday, May 22, 2009

Home Rest

I have been given 19 days rest by Dr Loh. He was very upset that the company is still driving so many deadlines for me to fulfill before I go on my maternity leave and ordered that I have complete rest immediately.

It didn't help that I fell down at my car park on 15 May (Friday) just as I was about to go to work... My left ankle was swollen and I had a bruised right knee and a slight tingling dull pain in my tummy. I still made my way to the office but decided to go home after experiencing some more pain in my lower abdomen. Baby Nicole was very still that day and it kept me very worried the whole day.

Luckily, she started getting into her 'active mode' again late that night around 11p.m but this time I am not complaining cos at least she is back to normal again! She must have had a fright from my fall earlier in the morning!!!

Anyways, here I am on hospitalisation leave for 5 days now, and the worst thing is having caught a cough and cold virus that simply kept me up all night coughing and sniffling. Although my mc stretches till 6 June, time seems to fly by so quickly... there are still so many things to do before the arrival of Baby Nicole and I have not yet gone ahead to do so! Like doing up the baby room, getting our stuff and Baby's stuff packed to bring over to my in laws' place for my 1 month confinement! Arrrrggghhhhhh..........! It is so frustrating to be sick!!! And I am still working from my laptop at home!


Sigh... you know what I hate most about pregnancy?

1) Falling sick and not being able to take ANY MEDICATION to speed up recovery
2) The big heavy tight tummy I am starting to feel at my 33rd week
3) Sleepless nights because I have to get up every hour to pee
4) The relentless heat I feel and the continuous sweating I am experiencing all the time!!!
5) Feeling hungry yet no appetite to eat much
6) Constant backache
7) Feeling tired all the time... it's impossible to do any chore wholeheartedly

Anyway, at 33rd week and 1 day, I weigh now 84.5kg (pre-pregnancy weight was 68kg - difference of 16.5kg) and my waist has expanded to 119cm!

Baby at 33rd week:

* Amniotic fluid is at its highest level during my pregnancy.
* My baby's head size has increased 3/8ths of an inch due to rapid brain growth.
* Neurons and synapses are developing in huge numbers -- forming connections in my baby's brain will give her the skills she needs to thrive as a newborn. This week, she may be able to coordinate sucking and swallowing with breathing.
* While most of her bones are hardening, her skull is quite pliable and not completely joined. The bones will be able to move slightly to make birthing easier.
* My baby takes intermittent deep breaths -- of water! This breathing exercises muscles and encourages her lung cells to produce more surfactant (a protein essential for healthy lung development).
* Baby Nicole is now 17.2 inches (43.7cm) long and weighs about 4.23 pounds (1918gm).