Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hello WE are BACK

Wow... I realised I have stopped blogging for such a loooonnngg time!

Time flies.
I realised the last time I blogged, Nicole was 7 months old... just about the time I started work at Y&R to service the Resorts World Sentosa account.

Life was a nightmare there at Y&R. The people reporting to me were a nightmare! I cannot imagine how these Generation Y people can behave SO RUDE. I wonder what their parents ever did to even teach them how to behave like civil adults!!!

Anyway long story short, that place was so bad, I left after 3 months there. Yups... everyday was painful... and to make it worse, I realised that I was missing out alot on Nicole's milestones... like her first crawl, her first words etc.

The months from Oct - Dec 2009 was topsy turvy. I guess cos of the working hours, we only managed to get home with Nicole about 9p.m, then we put her to bed before eating our dinner at 10.30p.m. I was feeling desperate. This cannot be long term, otherwise there is NO WORK LIFE BALANCE at all.

When I left Y&R in March 2010, I found immediate peace. I was happy. NOW... I know what I want for my career and I decided that going back to media sales will be the best choice for me. First, I get mobility. Second, flexibility, and third, I get better work life balance. Even tho I know there may be sacrifices on a pay cut, I decided that simple life is the way to go.

Luckily for me, both Mediacorp and SPH wanted to hire me. After much deliberation, and the help of my princess, I decided to go with the latter.

Life has been much better in terms of our time together on weekdays. At least my new office supports family time and no one really stays late for work.

I am happier, and so is Nicole and hubs.
Here's snap shot of Nicole from Oct 2009 - July 2010...











Learning to crawl:


Learning to sit upright:



Breakthrough! Sitting on a feeding chair!



Crawling well already:



Sitting up well:



Playing with Dolly:



At 1 year old : More Hair + 8 teeth!



Can stand and cruise holding on furniture... but lazy lah. Prefer to crawl:



Can you read to me pleasssseeee?