The office was very quiet, since there is only 5 of us (4 after 1.30p.m) cos Jena, the girl that comes in at 4.30p.m would head off home after 1.30p.m.
Besides her, Leon - my boss, Rachel and CJ are just about the other people left in the office for the day. I was definitely not used to it, plus I was hungry all the time and trying very hard not to snack openly...
The week in KL was an up heave, starting with my trip on Sunday 23 Nov via SQ to KL. I REALLY didn't want to go.. there was alot of hesitation whether I can survive this job since it is significantly different from my last jobs. Media Monitoring is definitely NOT like advertising or media. We monitor clips... ho hum.... so bloody left brain stuff. sighhhh....... not sure if I want to even resign! So just didn't feel right wasting one week of my time there to go thru training.
I took the KLIA Express train to Sentral before embarking to the hotel in a nice premiere cab. Okay, it wasn't as bad as I thot... the hotel was nice. It came with a kitchenette and a pretty large fridge!
The whole week at the KL office was brain cramming... it was definitely information overload... so much so, my left brain was hurting... ouch! The rest of the evenings were spent mainly in the room watching Star Movies, HBO or Discovery Travel & Living... Dinner was usually quite bad... with the exception of Tuesday when I took a cab to Pavillion to shop and eat my dinner. Had Assam Laksa (also known as Penang Laksa to us)... dammmm shiok, and that was probably the only night I did not throw out my dinner. Most nights were spent slumped on the bed with the remote control, drifting in and out of sleep... and i deeply appreciated my best pal Linda to call and chat with me for half an hour on Tues and for my bro rushing back to msn me just to keep me company.
Tzek was busy with finishing his projects and also down with flu, so that week we hardly spoke or communicated much except for sms. At last Friday came and it was time for me to go home! yayyyy.. I was feeling kinda relieved to be heading back, since I have been spending much time just feeling sick in the room most nights.
The trip back was trying, cos I was hungry yet no appetite. Did a bit of final shopping only at the airport and got for my niece a very nice Barbie doll kichenette set that comes with Barbie. Hope she will like it, cos I love it!
When I arrived at the airport, I was greeted by by parents and Tzek.. and of cos my dearest most adorable niece whom I treat almost as my own...:)
I am just so glad I got back... and more importantly, I was feeling more positive about the new job. It wasn't THAT bad I guess. I think I will stick it out for awhile... but the next big task is telling my boss I am pregnant.
The next day (29 Nov, Sat) I went to do my routine check up @ KK and found out that one of the twin (Twin B) is not growing as fast as Twin A. Twin A is a huge 2.2cm length now, whilst Twin B is at 1.7cm. Got really worried and almost cried at the hospital. Tzek and family comforted me and told me to stay positive and encourage the babies to grow well... I guess its true I need to keep a positive mind cos it helps to ensure the babies feel wanted and carry on to grow well.
+29+Nov+2008.jpg)
Babies at end of Week 8 :
* Cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!
* The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!
* The tongue begins to develop
* Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
* Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!
* The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short
* Baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)
Last week back in Singapore office, told my boss and colleagues about my pregnancy. They were overjoyed! It was very unexpected and I was really relieved and appreciative that they were so understanding.... I am beginning to feel that these are really a nice bunch of people!
We ended the week with Champagne brunch at Pan Pacific Global Kitchen yesterday. To celebrate Christmas and also as a farewell party for one of our colleague CJ who actually lives in Sydney. He has been here for the past 5 months helping to set up the Singapore office and we all are really really going to miss him. The party was great... well I didnt take the champagne, but hell, the company was good enuf :)
End of week 9 :
* Baby has begun movement - While still too small for you to feel, your little one is wriggling, shifting, and dancing already! Makes you almost wish for a window to peek in whenever you want!
* Most joints are formed now - and trust that your little one is practicing bending and flexing.
* Fetus will curve its fingers around an object placed in the palm of its hand - This is amazing to see! At only nine weeks, if you happen to have an ultrasound, you may observe your infant fascinated by everything he or she can lay their fingers on (mainly other fingers, toes, ears and nose!
* Fingerprints are already evident in the skin
* Average size this week -- length 0.9 inch (2.3cm), weight 0.07 ounce (2gm)