Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The countdown begins..... 17 days to go

I never had a chance to really blog about Pregnancy #2.
I realised I didn't have the time nor the energy to really do it since I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant on 9 May.

These last 11 months in 2011 has been so eventful... I don't even know where to begin.

Boxing day last year ended with a tearful miscarriage which carried me forward to the new year with a heavy heart. A lot of 'what if' I had not bothered so much about the (&*@^#(*@&#^ Canon project at SPH flooded my mind. If only I took better care of myself during my pregnancy then I wouldn't have lost my baby.....

Work at SPH has been painful with Grace. Her jealousy towards me was too obvious and her actions too vicious for me to even blog it here for fear one day I kena sue by her for putting all that in B&W, but I decided after hitting my maximum sales target that it is time to leave SPH. 9 months there has been really great with the colleagues, but super duper painful with her as my direct supervisor and I can't help but blame her for my miscarriage too...

When I left SPH on 9 May, ironically it was also that night that I found out I am pregnant!
With disbelief, I drove myself to KKH the next day only to really confirm with Dr Loh that I am already 8 weeks pregnant.
Darnnnnn..... I should have stayed on in SPH to enjoy the maternity benefits! But then again.... would that have been a wise choice? What if I miscarry again?

I decided to think positive and enjoy my 'unplanned' tai tai lifestyle with Nicole and nurture this pregnancy properly.
Little did I realize that this pregnancy was not as smooth as the one I had when I carried Nicole.

I suffered from severe morning sickness from 6-11pm every night until early July. I could hardly eat, sit or walk without feeling sick. It came clockwork on time daily, so much so that I had to eat quickly and stuff myself as much as I can before 6p.m and then for the rest of the night, I would be pretty wasted as a person.

In trimester 2, strange rashes started appearing on my arms, thighs and in between my fingers and toes. Initially I thought it was some allergy to certain foods, but realized it just happens whichever food I may take. I was especially sensitive to fish and prawns tho and feel they are extremely repulsive even if it comes in the form of Otah.

In trimester 3, round about early October, I started to feel hip pain and groin pain. It was again, the severe type where turning in bed was also impossible. This was also the time we decided, we probably need a maid to help around cos Tzek and I were constantly preoccupied with housework at night and had little time together with Nicole.

Once we settled on the maid, the main packing began.... it was a big chore for me, cos I had to repack EVERYTHING - - - from things in the storeroom, to organizing the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, all wardrobes in our Master Bedroom and BB room and also the study room. The massive packing took place for 4 whole weeks and made my backache and hip ache even worse.

It was so bad that I cannot even get up in bed and the pain is sharp and piercing.

Now, 17 days to go and counting, I can't wait for BB Noelle to arrive so I can get my body back to a better condition and function a little more normally as a person. It doesn't help that Nicole is super addicted to me during these last 6 months being at home with her all the time. She wants NO ONE but me... and I love the fact she adores me only.... but I am definitely getting worried at how she will cope when I have to divide my attention to tend to Noelle when she arrives..

Nevertheless.... its a problem I got to face and solve 17 days from now...

RIght now, all I want to do now is have a good sleep ..... zzzzzz sighzzzzz...........