Honestly...? We were alittle apprehensive, but then ... what to do? He was so enthusiastic, we had no heart to reject his offer. He brought us to his restaurant at Marina Square called "7,107 Flavours" which was quietly tucked in the corner of Marina Square.
The settings of the restaurant was peaceful and very therapeutic. The view was also fantastic. Where we sat, it would have been a great seat to watch the F1 race! Our Fillipino client went ahead to order food for us.
He recommended a refreshing drink called "Green Mango Shake" which tasted like a mixture of Guava, Green Apple and Mango - ooooohhh so refreshing!
The best thing he ordered from the menu was called "Crispy Pata" - aka Deep Fried Pork Knuckles. The huge platter costed only $25.50! OH WOW! It was so well cooked .... ! I just attacked it like a hungry wild animal! My other favourite dish was "Sisiq" - which is a very "traditional Fillipino bar dish"... according to him. This dish is made up of chopped chunks of chopped fried pork mixed in with green chilis and onions. , and seasoned with calamansi (a type of citrus) and vinegar. Such fatty goodness goes perfectly well with a bottle of San Miguel beer or your favorite brew... but in anycase we mixed it with rice and it was very very tasty.
Lunch was a fantastic experience.. best of all, it was a good time to get to know my client alot better. I felt alittle sad that this networking session should only happen now, cos I am leaving the company and this came a little late.
Nevertheless, I am still glad cos this is definitely a place I am going to bring my family and in-laws to in the very very near future!
Pork Knuckles.... wait for me!!!!! YuM-Mmmmy!!!!