Friday, September 12, 2008

The Difference Between One Action that Lead to The Other.....


This morning, as I lay in bed during my waking up moments, I thought a lot about what is about to happen today....

Just a day ago, I felt really helpless and frustrated and was feeling freaking@*&^#! stressed out and really unhappy... why I am drawn into the politics when I have no intention to be part of?!?@?! Bloody AS* holes!!! The most number of assho@les I ever know in ONE PLACE.

I really wanted to stay on and work peacefully at the current job location I am at. I was happy grooming my juniors and training them to be top notch account servicing people to lead the future of advertising service standards... I was happy with my clients, cos they are almost as close to me as friends! ..... it's the bloody black boss I have and the 'xiao ren' inside the office that can't keep their bloody nose to themselves that irritates the hell out of me.

I have been looking around for better pastures.. somehow, I count my blessings cos, only 1 place had been consistent and persistently pursuing me in offering a job to me. Being me, I have trouble making choices in life. If it's more than one to choose from, I start freting cos I will worry whether I made the wrong decision by not choosing the other or not.... so...... somehow, I was drawn to this job which thankfully offered me $1000 more than what I have now, and more environment friendly place to work and retire in. What's more, it's an Australian based company, which means the systems there are definitely alot different from that of an American based company, run by a typical Indian from India who is trying so hard to pull his weight around.

Sigh.... Thankful that the final offer is due today, and I am due to sign my appointment letter, I jumped out of bed all prepped up for the resignation letter I am about to throw in.

When I reached the head hunter office at 10.30a.m SHARP, I was greeted by two gentlemen, one of which has been coordinating and liasing with me on this position. I felt comfortable with both of them cos their genuinety shone through easily. As I read through the offer letter.... I was HORRIFIED>... Number of leave days entitled to..... 7!!!! OMIGOSH! I almost faint... dammmmm it... it has been all so perfect, the entitlements, the pay, the commission scheme, the claims, everything..... why did I forget to ask about leave entitlements during my discussion with my prospective boss.....????! Does that mean I either take it or leave it....?

My mind was in a whirl... I took a deep breathe and told the two men that I cannot accept this offer because I am really uncomfortable with the leave days offered. It was offered on a grid system (ie) 1st year = 7 days leave, 2nd year = 8 days, 3rd year = 9 days etc.... oh gosh.. I miss those days in my broadcast job where I got easily 21 days leave!!! sighhhhhhhhhhhhh... even this current place I am in gives me 18 days off ... but from 18 to 7.............. oh gosh! I can't even bloody hell have a decent break!

So I took my chance. I told them this would be a deterrent for me to take the offer unless they change it. What the hell. If I position myself premium, and they want premium, then they jolly well pay for premium! HUMMMMPPPHHHHH!

I left the job agency, deflated and very disappointed. I was all geared up to throw my letter before lunchtime.... maybe this is destined... when I got back to the office, more stuff on email threw me into a fit. I shall not elaborate too much cos it's the usual crap of people being wrong yet blame you and say you are the trouble maker. What the hell... cool down man.... I know my hours here is numbered. I felt like my head was almost exploding anytime.

I got out for lunch with some colleagues for a 'cool down' session and we bought a filofax for a colleague whose last day is tomorrow. Gosh, there is going to be quite a bit of farewell happening soon man... just where I sit alone, one leaving tomorrow, one leaving end Sept, two contemplating leaving... and then there's me..

To make myself feel better, I bought for myself a Filofax for 2009 - in preparation for my new job (ANYWAY - positive!!! must be positive!) Retail theraphy really works! I felt so much better after that and then we went off for an afternoon radio recording.




Mid afternoon around 3p.m, I received an sms from John - the head hunter... and said "yes! They confirmed and changed your leave entitlements to 14 days!" See you later this evening at 6p.m to sign your letter!

YIPPEEEEEE!!! HOORAY!!! Positive attracts positive, can't be wrong about that!
When I got back to the office, immediately I threw in my resignation letter. What the heck. I had enough~! My indian's boss's face went BLANK. hahahhaha million dollar look! Wish I had a camera to snap that look and then post it here! He was in shock. Asked me why, I said nothing, just need a break. I had enough.

He didn't retaliate much, but was obviously stunned and quiet. I am guessing he probably wanted to get his indian troops ready to replace me in the near future, but didn't expect me to drop the bomb now so he hasn't got his troops ready yet. hahaha.. this is what i call retribution. He has never appreciated and treasured his staff, tho' he HAD BEEN lucky to have committed ones, but later he fired them because of small invalid reasons.

I came out of his room feeling immediately LIGHT and FREE. Gosh... you won't believe it!
Just imagine squatting on your feet for 3 hours and the moment you are able to stand up, and when the blood all rushes to your feet. That was the feeling I got. Shiok man.... relieved, released, renewed, restart!

At 6p.m, I signed my appointment letter.
It marks once again, a new beginning, a new hope and hopefully a new place to grow and stay till I retire. Now the next challenge is finishing all the work that is due for the launch before mid Oct.
I don't want to leave my clients on the lurch. That's all there is to it. And then... I started worrying for my remaining staff and two other close colleagues.

The image you can paint.... me leaving a flaming ship in a small rescue boat, and looking at my remaining 3 colleagues and asking them to jump into the small boat so we can all escape together to safety.... lalalalala.... now that I am out of here, it's time to help them hunt for greener grass....